18 June, 2007

WARNING: Hack saws can be dangerous!


You are looking at a picture of my finger 7 hours after I cut it open on a hack saw..

You might be asking why on earth I was using a hack saw, and I'd say you'd probably have a fair point so let me explain.

Whilst Rosie was doing her work experience was with Jim Bailey, in his recently tidied and rearranged office, I was doing a whole bunch of tech stuff that I'd been putting off. Namely re-racking all the old outboard equipment and adding some new ones. Part of the job involved removing the sides of an old mixing desk and one screw wouldn't budge so Jim and I decided that the only way to deal with it would be too saw it off.

So I sawed through it and the blade just kept on going, resulting in a nice little gash in my finger. Being, kind of practical, the first thing I reached for was a packet of baby wipes (don't ask why I had them, it's an equally long story) and some tape (which all good techs carry) to clean it and apply some pressure (which should stop the bleeding). However, as I now know wet items actually encourage blood to flow which explains why it was still bleeding 30 minutes later!

No comments: